At its Annual Budget meeting Waverley Borough Council voted to freeze its share of Council Tax for the 6th year in a row, while maintaining frontline services.
The Conservative Administration at Waverley will have frozen its share of Council Tax for the whole of the 4 year term.
Council Leader Robert Knowles said: "Whilst freezing Council Tax we have:
- Maintained a healthy balanced budget.
- Increased the proportion of our budget spent on supporting voluntary organisations.
- Improved recycling rates to well over 50%.
- Provide weekly food waste collections.
- Offer an easy to use wheelie-bin green waste collection service.
- Invested and improved street cleaning throughout the Borough.
- Invested and improved grass cutting on highways and public areas.
We recognise the difficult economic climate and will remain mindful of further possible cuts in grant in coming years, but Waverley's Conservatives have proved that we can manage and we will manage for the benefit of our residents now and in the future."